Read FDA Warnings About Fat Melting Lipodissolve Shots
You did it. You’ve finally succeeded in the battle you’ve been fighting for years. You beat the bulge, and you did it naturally without liposuction, lipodissolve injections, or a Lap-Band. Getting rid of that unwanted fat helps you look better, feel better, and provided other health benefits too. While you are delighted with the results, you can’t help but think, “Will I gain it all back?”
Keeping the weight off once it’s gone is a battle for most. The principals are basically the same: eat right and adopt a cardiovascular workout plan. You can’t revert to old eating habits and expect the weight to stay off. The keys to successful weight maintenance are permanent lifestyle changes, a long-term commitment and constant vigilance.
Here are a few tips on making weight loss last:
1. Continue your exercise regimen. This is one of the most important things you can do. 30-60 minutes of moderate physical activity daily will help you maintain your weight by burning the calories you are taking in.
2. Opt for healthier meals. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains are nutrient-dense foods that are low in calories and will make you feel “full” throughout the day. No one food has all of the nutrients you need, so remember to eat a variety of foods. You don’t have to swear off high-fat, high-calorie foods completely, just consume them in moderation.
3. Cook at home. People tend to eat more when they eat out because the portions tend to be larger and it’s difficult to assess caloric content on a meal that has been prepared for you. The best advice here is to avoid eating out, if at all possible. If not, ask to have half of the portion boxed up to-go before the plate is brought out and served to you. Not having the whole portion in front of you will keep you from over-eating.
4. Regularly check the scale. You will be more successful in keeping off the pounds if you weigh yourself regularly. Monitoring weight can tell you if your efforts are working and if you need to make tweaks to your diet and exercise regimen before any small weight gains become larger.
5. Find people to be around who have similar goals. The buddy system works in weight loss as well as weight maintenance. Getting support for your efforts, whether it be through a friend or group of people on the same path, will make you feel like you are not alone. Having someone who supports your healthy eating habits and lifestyle can ultimately mean the difference between success and failure.
For those who have lost the weight but are angry about cellulite that simply won’t go away, some consider a treatment known as lipodissolve. Lipodissolve, also known as injection lipolysis, is a non-surgical body sculpting treatment aimed to remove small volumes of fat through injections of a combination of drugs, known as phosphatidylcholine and deoxycholate (PCDC). While some doctors claim that the treatment is safe and effective, the FDA has not approved the drugs used in Lipodissolve. In fact, the FDA has stated, “Consumers need to know that this is a buyer-beware situation. These are unapproved drugs for unapproved uses.” Outside the U.S., several countries have banned or warned against the cosmetic use of Lipodissolve treatments, including Brazil, Canada and the UK, and numerous medical organizations in the U.S., including the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, have warned against the unapproved drug treatment. Before signing up make sure you’re comfortable with what you learned about how lipodissolve works or you could be sorry.
Staying at a healthy weight and looking good is a long-term challenge. The truth is, if you want to keep the weight off, you have to adhere to some lifestyle changes and not look to unapproved, unproven medical treatments. Eat healthy and exercise regularly. Make a long-term commitment to your health and well-being. You’ll be glad you did.