Three Fruit Recipes for Diabetics
Fruits are part of the daily staple of any diabetic meal. You can slice and eat them as is or combine them with other ingredients to make a simple dish. Fruits contain vitamins and minerals that should be part of every diabetics meal. Fruits makes you full so you don’t have to overeat to satisfy your vitamin needs. Because of this, I thought you might enjoy these three fruit recipes for diabetics.
3 Fruit Recipes For Diabetics
Diabetic Strawberry Jam
• ¾ cup of sugar-free strawberry pop
• 1 cup of berries
• 1 package of sugar-free strawberry Jello
• 3 packets of Equal
• Crush the berries and add in the strawberry pop. Heat until boiling then after a minute turn off heat.
• Add Jello.
• Mix until Jello melts.
• Add in the sweetener.
• Transfer the mixture into jars.
• Cover and seal the jars and refrigerate.
*this recipe makes 1 ¼ cups of jam. If you want, you can replace or add other fruits such as cherries, raspberries, or peaches to suit your taste.
Tangy Pineapple Cake With Apricots
• ½ cup of melted butter
• ½ cup of drained and crushed pineapples
• ½ cup of dried and thinly chopped apricots
• ½ cup of Fruit Sweet
• ¾ cup of Apricot Apple Butter
• 2 beaten eggs
• 2 teaspoons of baking soda
• 2 cups of flour
• Blend the Apricot Apple butter, dried apricots, eggs, melted butter, and pineapple. Mix well.
• Combine the flour and baking soda. Pour your first mixture into the flour and baking soda combo.
• Add in Fruit Sweet. Mix well.
• Grease and flour a 9”x12” pan. Pour the mixture into that pan.
• Bake the cake for 40 minutes at 340 degrees.
• When done, remove cake from your oven and let it cool.
• Turn it upside down and let it cool again.
*the cake becomes more tasty and flavorful the next day so I suggest eating it the day after baking it.
Chiffon Pie Strawberry Version
• 1 teaspoon of almond extract
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
• 1 cup of crushed and unsweetened pineapple
• 1 cup of chilled evaporated skim milk
• 1 package of O-Zenta gelatin strawberry flavor
• 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla
• 7 packages of artificial sweetener of your choice
• 12 strawberries
• Boil your pineapples and add in your strawberries.
• Mix in your strawberry gelatin and artificial sweetener.
• Mix until strawberry gelatin dissolves.
• In a separate chilled bowl, whisk milk and lemon juice. Do this until mixture becomes foamy.
• Pour the extracts and beat again. Do this until mixture becomes stiff.
• Add the gelatin mixture slowly into the mixture inside the chilled bowl.
• Pour everything into a 10 inch pie plate. Store it in your refrigerator.
• Decorate with strawberries.
The fruit recipes in this post are easy to make. In fact, you can even let your children help you out in the preparation. Eating healthy and controlling you diabetes can be a family event. For more recipes, please feel free to look around.